Two things coming together at a ‘perfect’ time… Motivation combined with spark of an idea….
Then again, I have to construct this ‘idea’ on these oddly shaped tracks, and there’s a whistle of something approaching. I’m sure I have enough time to construct it, before I look up to see how close it is…
How’s that for a tease!
Had to tease it, cause the reality just isn’t all that dramatic.
I’ve decided to once again, sign-up to write a ‘novel’ for the NaNoWriMo project, which is the National Novel Writing Month. The idea is that you sign-up, and you agree to write 50,000 words of a novel in a single month. The premise is that regardless of quality, sometimes if you just make a plan to ‘get it done’ over a single month, that it will lead us to actually write something rather than say that we are going to write something.
It’s a solid idea.
And this year, I have a solid idea for a story. One I actually know how it will end (always been a problem in my stories).
The problem is that I think that the NaNoWriMo (reminds me of the La Li Lu Le Lo), is in an awful month for this sort of thing. I’m sure any month has it’s issues, but in November you have:
- Holiday Planning (Thanksgiving with Christmas looming in the background).
- General End-of-the-Year pushes (admittedly one has to be working for this to apply…)
- The end of Daylight Savings, bringing on lack-of-daylight depression (or as I like to call it “What happened to the Fucking Sun!!!)
- Football and Television Sweeps
- Zachary’s Birthday (okay, I’m the only one who has to deal with this, but still).
So… that’s every year. But this year I have the added bonus of house searching, or if house searching becomes successful, we will have house packing.
To a degree, I’m an idiot… But the idea is pretty decent. I’ll explain another time.
Cause my foot seems to be stuck on the tracks and there’s a bright light in my eyes.